Root Canals – Laser Root Canals
Laser root canals can relieve tooth pain at Discovery Dental.Click Now for Your FREE Consultation
What Is a Root Canal?
When a tooth is deeply infected in the inner chamber of the roots, also known as the root canal, bacteria can threaten the walls of the tooth. Without dental services, the structure of the tooth can be damaged enough by bacterial acid that the tooth can’t be saved.
Also, a root canal infection can cause intense pain, discomfort, and distraction. That’s because the root canal area contains sensitive nerves and tissues. And an infection can cause swelling inside the tooth, which presses painfully on the nerves.
Plus, if an infection spreads too far, the bacteria can start to leave the tooth and move to the gums and other teeth, threatening your dental health. They can even enter the bloodstream and travel to organs throughout the body.
Root canal treatments are routine general dentistry procedures at our family dentist office. We perform this quick dental surgery using a simple process. Far from being a painful procedure, it relieves pain by removing the infection. Contact Discovery Dental clinic today if you are in pain.
Signs of an Infection
The root canals of teeth are relatively closed environments in which bacteria can grow. An infection can cause inflammation, a pocket of fluid that causes pain on the nerves. It can also cause:
- Visible facial swelling.
- Sensitivity to heat, cold, or sugar.
- Swollen or red gums.
- A strange, unexplained taste.
- Bad breath.
- Swollen lymph nodes.
- A feeling of pressure within or near a tooth.
- Persistent tooth pain.
If you have one or more of these signs, put your safety first. Call our local dentist office in Issaquah, and make an appointment with your holistic dentist. A tooth may be infected. Don’t let bacteria spread or damage your tooth beyond repair. Get the dental care you need!Click Now for Your FREE Consultation
How Does a Root Canal Treatment Work?
Treatment on the root canal involves cleaning the bacteria and infected tissue out of a tooth. We now use laser dentistry at our family practice to enhance this affordable dentistry procedure. These are the general steps you can expect:
- Sedation Dentistry: We will keep you as comfortable as we can while relieving your pain with sedation and anesthesia.
- Opening: To gain access to the inside of the tooth, your dentist can use a laser to make a precise opening (without metal tools).
- Cleaning: We will use the dental laser, along with air and water tools, to clean any diseased tissue out of the tooth, removing the bacteria. The laser is an effective tool for destroying bacteria within a tooth, on the gums, and during other forms of dental cleaning.
- Shaping: Your dental specialist may also reshape the inner walls of the tooth to lower the chance of reinfection, again using the laser to quickly remove tooth material as needed.
- Packing: The root canal is then filled with a biocompatible material that helps to support the structure of the tooth and prevent further infection.
- Sealing: We will close the tooth. If needed, we can also cover it with a new tooth crown, giving you a stronger chewing surface through restorative dentistry. We’ll make the crown match your other teeth so that your smile will look great.
Our dental laser is an effective way to improve the success rate of root canal treatment (which is already high). That’s because the beam of laser light is able to reach very small spaces inside the tooth, including small tubes that are difficult to treat with physical tools.
Here’s a big benefit to you: the laser doesn’t spin or grind. And that will lower the discomfort, pressure, and anxiety that some patients associate with traditional dental tools at the dentist office.
Call Discovery Dental About Tooth Pain
We’re excited about the pain relief you can get from a root canal treatment at our family dental practice. An infection inside of a tooth can cause pain and distraction that can stop someone from being able to concentrate on anything else. But a root canal can quickly take that pain away.
Call Discovery Dental if you have any signs of root canal infection. Let us put you back on the path to a healthy smile with family dental care services—and preventive dentistry to keep you healthy.Click Now for Your FREE Consultation