Traditional fillings from a dentist office often include metal. However, the mercury and other metals in them are often not biocompatible, and certain patients react badly to them. Your holistic dentist Dr. Vanama is committed to using white fillings in our dental care instead, which:
- Look natural, without the coloration of metal amalgam.
- Avoid the use of metal that could cause a dangerous reaction in your body.
White fillings at our local dentist office in Issaquah can be used in aesthetic dentistry, covering small areas of a damaged tooth—or even adding tooth material that has broken off. But we also often use them in restorative dentistry to protect a tooth after treating a cavity.
Call Discovery Dental clinic if you’re struggling with a damaged tooth, a toothache, or a tooth that just doesn’t look right. Our dental bonding and white fillings may be the answer for your affordable dentistry needs.Click Now for Your FREE Consultation
Cosmetic Dental Bonding
Your family dentist can bond white fillings to your teeth to correct cosmetic problems (though this may also protect teeth from decay and further damage too!). By adding our white filling material to a tooth, your nearest dentist can:
- Reshape a poorly shaped tooth, making it fit in perfectly with the rest of your teeth.
- Cover stains on teeth.
- Add material where part of the tooth was chipped off.
- Fill in a visible crack.
We also make sure that the bonded filling is:
- Color Matched: The dentist will choose a white filling that is a great color match for your teeth, making the tooth simply look whole and complete—the filling won’t stand out.
- Bonded for the Long-Term: We will treat the tooth surface to get it ready to bond strongly with the filling.
- Customized: Your dentist will shape the material until it looks like a natural tooth within your smile.
At the dentist office, we also use advanced tools to shape and harden your white filling as quickly as possible, finishing the process within 30–60 minutes.
A white filling can stay in place for years. You can brush and floss normally, as you do with your other teeth. However, we will give you tips on how to best care for your filling, keeping it intact for as long as possible.
If you ever have any problems with your white fillings, contact our general dentistry office immediately. We can repair it quickly.
Restorative Dental Bonding and Fillings
After your dental specialist treats a cavity, we can fill in any empty space with a white filling. This preventive dentistry measure will protect your tooth from being infected again and from spreading damage. Plus, it will make your tooth look as good as new, because the filling will be the same color and shape as the tooth.
Increasingly, patients are interested in avoiding mercury and other metals in their long-term fillings. We encourage you to think about using safe materials, because fillings will be touching your food for many years. White fillings from our family dental practice also:
- Cause Less Sensitivity: Some patients report heat and cold sensitivity from the metal in traditional fillings, which can transfer heat more quickly than our white fillings. You won’t have to be as careful with your tea or ice cream with these fillings.
- Relieve Worry: Many patients come to our dental practice with concerns that they don’t want the metal in fillings to slowly escape into their bloodstream, causing unnecessary toxicity. Our white fillings are completely safe and compatible with the human body.
- Are More Stable: Metal in traditional fillings can expand and contract because of changes in temperature, putting stress on the teeth. White fillings avoid this.
- Look Better: Many patients today don’t want to see a silver or grey color on their teeth from old fillings. We can find the right shade of white filling to blend in with the rest of your smile and look natural. Plus, the materials we use even reflect light in the same way as natural teeth. They’ll blend right in.
If you have a cavity, your dental health professional can make sure the damaged material is removed and a white filling protects the tooth for the long-term.
Get Beautiful White Fillings and Dental Bonding at Discovery Dental
If you need a tooth repaired, our white fillings can make it look new and whole—while preventing infection and other damage. Contact our dental clinic in Issaquah for a comfortable appointment now or a regular checkup and dental cleaning.