Family Dentistry – General Dentistry
Dr. Vanama can treat your whole family here in our Issaquah dental clinic!Click Now for Your FREE Consultation
At Discovery Dental, family dentist Dr. Vanama believes in protecting your overall health through oral and dental care. We work on preventing cavities and infections that would threaten multiple teeth and the rest of your body.
Preventive dentistry is important for the whole family. It is much easier on you and your children if we can stop major problems from developing in the first place. We can help you avoid tooth extractions, fillings, root canal therapy, and other major procedures, whenever possible.
How Does General Dentistry Affect the Whole Body?
We think about much more than the tooth we’re working on. Holistic dentist Dr. Vanama thinks of your whole body as a system with your teeth and mouth as a key part of that system. We want to protect your body from harm through dental care.
First, improved dental health affects your overall health by controlling bacteria. Our mouths are exposed to bacteria through the air and the foods we consume. Bacteria can multiply on the teeth and gums if not controlled. A bacterial infection in the mouth can easily spread through the bloodstream, attacking organs throughout the body, including the heart and liver.
Second, family dentistry can affect your nutrition. When tooth decay severely damages a tooth, it either must be extracted or repaired through restorative dentistry. During the process, you will struggle to eat the type foods you’re used to. Malnutrition can then strain your body, lower your energy and concentration, and more.
These are some of the reasons you need professional teeth cleaning twice a year with your dental hygienist—to stop bacterial growth before it develops too far.
Contact Discovery Dental to improve your oral and dental health with general dentistry services.Click Now for Your FREE Consultation
Family Dentistry Services
General family dental care includes services that clean and protect your teeth. These are the dental services that will do the most for your health throughout your life, because they prevent and catch major problems. They include:
- Dental Cleaning: Art and science are involved in thoroughly cleaning teeth, finding hard-to-reach spots that your tooth brush and floss don’t reach. We use the latest equipment and periodic training to ensure bacteria-free teeth and gums.
- Bi-annual Checkups: Period exams are extremely important, because dental health issues can develop in a few months. We need to catch them at our dental clinic before they progress far.
- Scans and Records: We take detailed digital scans and dental x-rays of your teeth. These are safely stored in computerized files. We can compare scans with each other to notice dental trends, both in your mouth and any related issues between family members.
- Dentistry for Children: We’re comfortable working with children at our dentist office. Dr. Vanama enjoys making them comfortable and getting them excited about clean teeth.
- Sealants: Sealants are placed quickly—often at the end of a pediatric appointment. They are a thin layer of material that protects teeth from bacterial buildup.
- Fluoride: A fluoride rinse is a simple way to strengthen the mineral makeup of teeth, helping to prevent cavities.
- Gum Disease Services: If you have a bacterial infection in your gums, your periodontist will use deep cleaning techniques to clean it completely, as well as using laser dentistry to rejuvenate the gums and underlying bone.
- Extractions: We pull a tooth if it is too decayed to use or if it has been damaged—in an accident, for example. You’ll be as comfortable as possible with sedation dentistry and anesthesia, and we’ll complete your extraction quickly.
By scheduling general dentistry at our local dentist office in Issaquah, you’ll have the best chance of preventing tooth decay and major procedures. It’s easier on your budget and your health to avoid extractions, root canals, tooth replacements, and dental surgery.
Call Discovery Dental for Safe Family Dentistry
Come get comfortable with Dr. Vanama. Our whole team at the dental clinic focuses on your overall health while we clean and protect your teeth. Call our office today to schedule a quick and easy checkup and cleaning.Click Now for Your FREE Consultation