A damaged tooth or missing tooth can destroy the effect of your beautiful, bright smile. When you look in the mirror, is your eye drawn to a gap left by a missing tooth or ugly teeth that are misshapen, cracked, or decayed? How does that affect you when you are talking to others, going to job interviews or special occasions, giving presentations, and other times?
Would you want to make your smile complete and beautiful? Do you dream of having the embarrassment be over? Then a dental crown or dental bridge could be your answer! Contact family dentist Dr. Vanama at Discovery Dental to get a customized smile design and fix your missing or damaged teeth.Click Now for Your FREE Consultation
Dental Crowns for Cosmetic Dentistry
What is a tooth crown? It is a tooth cap that covers the top and sides of a damaged or weakened tooth. Many times, it is used to restore a tooth after a procedure like a root canal. It strengthens the structure of the tooth, provides a solid chewing surface, and makes the tooth look whole and new.
But we can also use a porcelain crown in cosmetic dentistry. Maybe you have a tooth that is misshapen, stained, cracked, or chipped. Your holistic dentist can:
- Take impressions of that tooth.
- Design a crown that will restore your tooth back to its most attractive shape.
- Choose porcelain or other materials in the right color to fit in with your other teeth.
- Send the design to the lab to be crafted from high-quality materials.
- Prepare your tooth to receive the crown, which can involve removing material from the tooth.
- Call you back in during an additional appointment to bond the crown to the tooth, making sure that it looks natural and attractive.
Besides improving the cosmetic beauty of your tooth—and raising your confidence—the crown will also create a barrier against bacteria, helping to protect it from decay. It can also help you feel better while eating, if the tooth was damaged before and made eating painful.
Dental Bridges for Cosmetic Dentistry
What is a tooth bridge? It is a small appliance that holds a replacement tooth in place directly over a socket. If you’re missing a tooth, it will make your smile look complete again. We can even improve the overall look of your smile so that you’re more excited about flashing a grin at everyone in your life.
Instead of inserting a new tooth root into the jaw (dental implants), a bridge secures the new tooth in a short appliance, which consists of:
- The replacement tooth in the middle.
- A dental crown on the left of the replacement tooth.
- Another crown on the right of the tooth.
- The bridge material that joins the three teeth together.
The left and right permanent crowns will be bonded to your natural teeth on either side of the empty socket. That’s how the bridge is held in place. Your natural teeth will support it, making it a normal part of your smile. This will:
- Make your final smile look beautiful and natural, with nothing unusual about it to make you self-conscious.
- Cover up the empty socket, which can be distracting both to you and others.
- Help to prevent infections in the empty socket area, which protects your overall smile for years to come.
- Preserve your smile by holding teeth in their current positions. Otherwise, they tend to migrate toward an empty socket, which we need to prevent.
Missing two or more teeth in a row? A bridge can be made the same way but with two or more replacement teeth between the dental caps on the ends.
Contact Discovery Dental to Cosmetically Restore a Tooth or Teeth
If your smile is incomplete or struggling because of a missing tooth or misshapen or damaged tooth, call Discovery Dental clinic. Your local dentist office in Issaquah is always excited to make your smile both more beautiful and healthy. Call our family dental practice today.Click Now for Your FREE Consultation