Are You Dealing With Dental Anxiety?
All over the U.S., there are people who are scared of going to their family dentist—even for a checkup and even if they have gone before. This dental anxiety or dental fear stays with some into adulthood, especially if they have had painful experiences before. It’s natural to want to avoid pain and pursue enjoyable and relaxing experiences.
In past dental health visits, have you felt intense anxiety or tooth or gum sensitivity? You’re among millions of other people who struggle with fear about dental services. It can stem from genetic factors, certain tools that past dentists have used, or other factors—whatever the cause, we want to help you.
We Have a Solution to Ease Your Fears—Oral Sedation!
We have helped many patients to get through these feelings with sedation dentistry. We use oral sedation to help them feel comfortable and relaxed. Intellectually, many people know that dental care is very important but struggle to schedule an appointment when it will cause them pain or anxiety.
Oral sedation is an easy-to-use solution. If you relate to these struggles, you can contact our local dentist office in Issaquah to request oral sedation medications for anxiety or sensitivity. It doesn’t hurt our feelings. We are happy to help. Your holistic dentist Dr. Vanama just wants the best health for you.Click Now for Your FREE Consultation
What Is Oral Sedation?
Out of all the types of sedation, oral sedation is probably the simplest. Instead of breathing laughing gas or getting an IV line, you simply take a pill. You can even take it before you get to the dentist office, so that you’re already relaxed when you arrive.
We’ll prescribe the right dosage of oral conscious sedation drugs to you before your appointment so that you pick them up at a nearby pharmacy. They’ll just give you one or a few of the prescribed pills so you can be relaxed before your treatment.
How do these pills work? Amazingly, these actually calm down the parts of the brain that create anxiety. You’ll still know what is happening but won’t be afraid of it any more. Imagine the relief and calm of that state of mind. You’ll be able to get through any type of dental service.
Benefits of Oral Sedation
Many of our patients have tried oral sedation dentistry and now swear by it. That’s because it delivers some clear benefits, such as:
- Ease of Use: Many patients find it easy to swallow a pill. It doesn’t cause any extra anxiety, and it’s not difficult to go through with it.
- Avoiding Needles and Other Tools: Dental equipment, such as needles and masks, are part of the reason for anxiety for some patients. They don’t want an additional source of anxiety in their sedation dentistry. Pills avoid all that.
- Safety: You can look up the side effects of these prescription drugs. They are controlled by the FDA and have been carefully tested for years to look for dangers. Your family dental practice only prescribes them because we know they are safe.
- Occasional Loss of Memory: Does that sound like a bad thing? Some patients later forget what happened in their procedures under moderate sedation. This can be a source of comfort to them, because they don’t have to think about the procedure details.
- Time Savings: You might be able to combine several procedures into one appointment. This will save you time and anxiety. You can just take your dose of sedative and complete everything in one longer appointment while you’re relaxed.
When you are under conscious sedation, you will still be able to cooperate easily with the dentist, such as opening your mouth or nodding. You’ll be conscious, but again, some patients may still forget the procedure later.
Improve Your Health With Oral Sedation at Discovery Dental
If you have ever avoided a general dentistry checkup, dental cleaning, or other appointment because of anxiety or sensitivity, it’s worth thinking about oral sedation. There is a very high chance that your teeth and gums could be damaged by the spread of bacteria if you don’t get them professionally cleaned periodically.
And infections can spread between teeth and even into your bloodstream. That’s why oral sedation can improve your overall health. It can save you from costly later procedures. It can relieve pain and expenses. It can actually lower anxiety and tension in your overall life.
Get that weight of procrastination and worry off your mind. Schedule an oral sedation appointment today—or ask that a friend or family member call to set the appointment.Click Now for Your FREE Consultation