Single Tooth Implant Replacement
Dr. Vanama is highly skilled in placing dental implants.Click Now for Your FREE Consultation
A lost tooth can be frustrating to deal with. It leaves a gap in your smile. It makes it difficult to eat the foods that you need. You might find yourself hiding your smile in pictures or conversations.
When you’re missing a tooth, there is almost no better way to replace it than a single tooth implant. This tooth replacement will stay stable in your mouth for many years supported by a dental implant.
What Are Dental Implants?
Each is a new artificial tooth root naturally bonded to the jawbone—just like a natural root.
Through dental surgery, your dentist will insert the implant in your jawbone, then attach your new tooth to your new titanium tooth root. You can even get multiple new teeth this way.
This technology is highly successful and has helped so many other patients with missing teeth. If you want one of the most exciting tooth replacement options, get in touch with Discovery Dental for a high-tech solution.Click Now for Your FREE Consultation
Getting a New Tooth: The Process
When you call our local dentist office in Issaquah expressing your need for a dental implants procedure, we’ll book a consultation and examination for you. If you’re a great candidate, we’ll move forward with surgery planning and then the procedure.
We follow strict safety practices of all kinds at Discovery Dental clinic. We have gone through the tooth implant process many times, so you should be confident that you will be safe and comfortable in the dentist office. The overall process that you’ll go through will include:
- Consultation and Examination: Your team here will take 3D dental x-rays, which will show your family dentist your mouth and jawbone where we will place the dental implant. Your dentist will also check your overall dental health to be sure you’re ready for an implant procedure.
- Surgical Planning: Our implant specialist will use your scans to plan the precise placement of your implant.
- Bone Graft: If your jaw needs additional sturdiness to support a full-size implant, we can discuss and perform a bone graft.
- Implant Surgery: This surgery can be completed relatively quickly, using local anesthetic. Your dental specialist will place a high-quality titanium rod in a strong area of your jawbone.
- Temporary Protective Cap: The dentist will place a temporary crown on your implant to protect the area and help the gums to develop and look great.
- Natural Bonding: Over a period of several weeks or months, your new implant will naturally bond to your jawbone, creating a very strong base for your upcoming tooth restoration. In the meantime, you can quickly resume your normal routine, either pain-free or using over-the-counter painkillers.
- Temporary Crown: We may attach a temporary replacement tooth on your implant to keep your smile looking good while you heal.
- Permanent Crown: Finally, when your jawbone has fully bonded to the implant, we’ll schedule a quick tooth restoration appointment. We’ll have crafted your permanent new tooth, carefully designed to match your unique smile. We’ll place an implant abutment first—the piece that attaches between the implant and crown—and then your tooth crown.
Once your implant and new tooth are firmly attached, you’ll be able to eat your favorite foods, smile broadly at every opportunity, and speak normally. It should be easy to brush your teeth and floss again.
Dental implants are designed to last for decades—even the rest of your life. This can be very good for your long-term budget, because it won’t need to be changed or replaced, as some other solutions may.
Call Discovery Dental for a Replacement Tooth
At Discovery Dental clinic, we’re dedicated to your overall health. Teeth implants will actually stimulate your jawbone to be stronger, support your natural facial structure, and give you other benefits. It should also make you more confident in conversations, pictures, job interviews, special occasions, and other areas of life.
If you need a new tooth, call Discovery Dental today for a consultation. We will give you a thorough exam and recommend the dental implant process or another great solution. Contact our dental clinic now!Click Now for Your FREE Consultation