If you have missing teeth, dental implants from our Issaquah dentist can restore your smile!Click Now for Your FREE Consultation
Do you have a missing tooth or teeth? It’s difficult to be confident in your smile when it’s not complete. But what if we could completely replace a missing tooth, including the root? What if the new tooth looked as amazing as it is possible for a new tooth to look?
That can happen with a dental implant. We can replace a single tooth in order to complete your smile and give you back the confidence you need for every situation, from socializing to private time.
At Discovery Dental, your dentist office in Issaquah, we coordinate every step of the dental implant process. You don’t have to go to another dental clinic. Dr. Vanama and the team will stick with you and answer your questions throughout your smile makeover.
Benefits of Dental Implants
A dental implant can hold a great-looking new tooth in an empty socket, attached to the jawbone itself. A couple of implants can also hold a dental bridge and several new teeth. Or four or more implants can hold a full set of dentures.
High Success Rate
The American Dental Association has found that 95% of all regular dental implants are successful. It’s one of the dental services you can have the most confidence in, knowing your investment will give you value.
Stronger Supported Facial Features
Implants can also protect your smile and facial structure. That’s because an empty socket basically tells the jawbone under it that it can shrink away as it’s not being used anymore. As bone mass is lost, your facial shape can start to subtly change. That can become a cosmetic dentistry issue as part of the face sags.
A dental implant stimulates the jawbone, which is constantly replacing itself with new cells—therefore preventing this problem. It tells the jawbone to grow and stay strong, supporting your face and sharpening your features.
If you’ve used traditional dentures in the past, you might have felt them slipping off of your gums. If your teeth keep falling out, it’s a cosmetic problem. In contrast, implant-supported dentures are firmly anchored in place, giving you confidence that you can smile, eat, and talk without issues.
A missing tooth can also create a lisp or slurred words. This is an aesthetic distraction that you don’t need. A single dental implant and replacement tooth can fill in that gap and return your speech to normal.
Protection From Bacteria
An empty socket can also be a threat to your health. It could develop an infection, which could threaten the safety of your other teeth. For both cosmetic reasons and health reasons, we need to protect you through preventive dentistry at our family dental practice.
To see how you can benefit from dental implants, contact Discovery Dental to set up a consultation with Dr. Vanama today!Click Now for Your FREE Consultation
The Dental Implant Process
Each dental implant is a new hidden tooth root made of state-of-the-art titanium. It naturally bonds to your jawbone over several months, making it a permanent part of your mouth for life.
The process for getting a beautiful new tooth or set of teeth then includes:
- The Consultation: Your family dentist will have a conversation with you about what you need from an implant.
- Exam: We’ll examine your teeth to make sure they’re healthy for the procedure, and we’ll create 3D dental x-ray images of the jawbone to find the right position for your dental surgery to be successful.
- Bone Graft (Some Cases): Some patients need more jawbone strength. Your holistic dentist will use a biocompatible material to strengthen the jawbone, if needed.
- Implant Placement: In a fast and easy surgery with anesthetic, the dentist will place the titanium root. Ask for sedation dentistry, too, if you have dental anxiety or sensitivity.
- Healing: You’ll have several weeks or months to let your jawbone naturally bond with your implant, getting ready for a lifetime of supporting a beautiful tooth or other appliances. We can give you a temporary abutment or crown in the meantime.
- Restoration: At your next appointment at the dental clinic, we’ll place an abutment (the connector between the implant and tooth) and custom-made tooth crown, bridge, or dentures on your implant.
If you need two or more new teeth, we may place two or more implants. We will also ensure that the new dental crown, implant bridge, or denture looks great for you—with customized color, shape, size, and so on for your smile design.
Contact Discovery Dental for Beautiful Dental Implant Restorations
Once you have a consultation with Dr. Vanama at the dentist office, you’ll understand how dental implants can complete your smile. We’ll show you the exciting dental options to make your teeth look amazing, giving you confidence in everything you do. Contact Discovery Dental for an appointment—and a bright smile.Click Now for Your FREE Consultation