Discovery Dental is now open!
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming a sense of normalcy in habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
We have re-opened our office as of Tuesday, May 19. We have taken precautions and measures to ensure our office exceeds the highest standards of safety and sanitization possible for every patient that visits us.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, that is both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are up to date and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- When you arrive at the office we will be checking your temperature using a temporal thermometer. Anyone with a temperature over 100°F will be considered high risk and asked to re-schedule their appointment.
- Upon entering the office we will request you to wear and face mask and disinfect your hand using hand sanitizer, both will be provided by Discovery Dental.
- You may see that our waiting room temporarily will not offer magazines, children’s toys, coffee, and so forth since these items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We will be limiting the number of patients we are able to see at one time in order to allow plenty of time for proper disinfection. Please inform us of your arrival and wait in your car when you are here for your appointment. We will call you in as soon as our clinical team is ready for you so that we can allow for social distancing. All of this might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- Plexiglas shields will be found in the reception area to protect patients and staff.
- Any guests that accompany patients to their appointments will be asked to wait outside the office. Exceptions will be made only for children or those who require assistance.
- Every surface in our office including desks, counters, and door handles are thoroughly sanitized multiple times throughout the day. Each treatment room will also be completely sanitized after each and every patient with the highest medical grade disinfectant available like we have always done.
- We will also be installing an advanced air purifying system which is scheduled to arrive in June.
Thank you for your trust and loyalty and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Discovery Dental Team
Dr. Madhuri Vanama