Dr. Vanama and her staff understand that dental emergencies don’t always happen during regular office hours. No one plans to knock out a tooth playing baseball or to wake up in the middle of the night with severe jaw pain. We want to assure you that you are welcome to contact us at any time, day or night, weekend or holiday. It could compromise your oral health to try to treat your sudden dental problem yourself or to wait until the office is open. We are here to provide you with low cost emergency dental care whenever you need it.
What is a Dental Emergency?
You may need to contact our emergency dentist in any of the following situations:
- You or a family member sustains trauma to a tooth due to an accident. The tooth doesn’t have to be knocked out entirely to need immediate attention.
- When a dental appliance requires repair before you can get in for a regular appointment. These may include braces, fillings, bridges, crowns, or implants.
- You suspect that you or a family member has a broken jaw.
- Someone is experiencing throbbing pain as the result of an exposed nerve.
- Keep in mind that the above list is not all-inclusive. We recommend that you contact us for low cost emergency dental care with any case of sudden, severe pain or in the aftermath of trauma to the mouth.
Immediate Assessment and Treatment
After you reach Dr. Vanama by phone, she will meet you at Discovery Dental to assess your pain or injury. You may require pain medications, immediate dental surgery, or both. Regardless of your specific situation, Dr. Vanama has the experience and skills necessary to make a prompt diagnosis so she can begin treatment right away. The immediate goal is to reduce your discomfort so you can return home. Follow-up care may be necessary to ensure that your recovery is progressing as expected. You should always keep your regular dental appointments as well.