Invisalign is an orthodontic appliance that uses transparent aligners in order to correct crooked or misaligned teeth. This device is made from Polyurethane that makes the appliance soft yet strong and flexible and at the same time safe to use because it is hypo-allergenic. Invisalign aligners are perfect for those patients who wanted to correct their misaligned teeth without the use of traditional braces. These aligners are the solution to orthodontic patients who are hesitant to wear metal braces and those who are allergic to metals.
Before choosing the Invisalign treatment plan, here are some of the Invisalign pros and cons to consider:
- 1. Invisalign is invisible to the naked eye. It allows the patient the benefit of correcting their misaligned teeth without risking its aesthetic value.
- 2. The aligner is custom-fitted making it more comfortable to use.
- 3. Invisalign aligner is soft yet durable. It does not hurt the gums and the inside of the cheeks, unlike the metal wires in traditional braces.
- 4. It is safe to use by everyone especially by those patients with metal allergies.
- 5.It is removable thus allowing its wearer to eat more comfortably and practice oral hygiene easier.
- 1. Invisalign is quite expensive as compared to the use of traditional braces.
- 2. It is quite inconvenient to use. Eating several times a day means removing the appliance several times a day. You must always remember that this aligner should be worn 22 hours a day in order to achieve the treatment goal.
If you have further concerns regarding Invisalign pros and cons, do not hesitate to talk to your orthodontist about it.