More and more people every day are suffering from different oral diseases. This is probably due to the fact that most people nowadays don’t know a thing or two about how to take care of their oral health. Suffering from oral diseases is never fun at all. However, these diseases can be easily prevented and treated by your general/family dentist.
The most common oral diseases that you can encounter when you’re not observing proper oral health care are:
- Tooth Decay
- Gum Disease, also called as Periodontal Disease
- Bad Breath or Halitosis
- Oral Cancer
- Mouth Sores
- Tooth Sensitivity
- Stained Teeth
Brushing your teeth is not enough to prevent and treat oral diseases. Here are some ways on how to prevent oral diseases from happening in the future:
- Brush your teeth at least thrice a day or after every meal for two minutes or so with a dentist-approved toothbrush and a fluoride-rich toothpaste.
- Use dental floss to clean food particles that got stuck in between your teeth.
- Limit yourself from eating in-between meals.
- Eat a nutritious and a well-balanced diet.
- Avoid eating too many sweets or sticky foods.
- If you can’t brush after meals during your work, at least try rinsing your mouth with a fluoride mouthwash.
- Chew sugarless gum to freshen your breath and slow down bacteria build-up.
- Visit your dentist regularly for your routine check-up and dental cleaning.
To know more on how to prevent oral diseases from occurring, it is mostly recommended to make an appointment with your general/family dentist to properly educate yourself on how to take care of your oral health.